Through lots of generous donations, clothes fairs, sporting events, radio guest-spots and (vitally) cake, the Saltpond Education Project has now raised over £150,000.
But we’re only just beginning. We have a wishlist of project improvements and ideas that need funding. If you’d like to specifically contribute to something listed below, do get in touch.
Project Wishlist 2019
- Dedicated sponsorship for our nine SHS students (£20 per-month, per student)
- Dedicated sponsorship for our twenty-one JHS students (£15 per-month, per-student)
- A school bus, for more class trips and teacher-training opportunities (£3000)
- Air-conditioning unit for our ICT suite (£900)
- Four more computers for ICT lessons (£400)
- Extra funding for our school lunches - we'd love to vary the menu (£300 per-month)
- Fifteen new English textbooks for Primary 5 class (£75)
- Twenty new local language reading books (£60)
If you’d like to help fundraise for SEP, here are some other ideas to get you started:
- Love to party? Organise a club-night, gig, film showing or bingo afternoon
- Big-time baker? Run a cake sale at work, or even a pop-up restaurant night
- Never shut up? Do a sponsored silence (your friends might thank you).
- Fashion fan? In true SEP style, run a pop-up clothes sale or swap evening.