Through lots of generous donations, vintage fashion fairs, sporting events, radio guest-spots and (vitally) cake, the Saltpond Education Project has now raised over £90,000.
But we’re only just beginning. We have a wishlist of project improvements and ideas that need funding. If you’d like to specifically contribute to something listed below, do get in touch.
Project Wishlist 2014-2015
- A school bus, for more class trips and teacher-training opportunities (£3000)
- Air-conditioning unit for our ICT suite (we have to keep the windows closed, as the sea air damages the computers!) (£900)
- Four more computers for ICT lessons (£400)
- An extra £300 per-month for our school lunches - we'd love to vary the menu! (£300 per-month)
- Fifteen new English textbooks for Primary 5 class (£75)
- Twenty new local language reading books (£60)
- One large whiteboard for our ICT suite (£50)
How We've Raised Money
- ‘Dickens of a Christmas’ town fair (our first-ever fundraiser - a cake and chutney stand!)
- Pop-up vintage clothes sales I, II, III, IV and V
- Annual Lubenham village quiz for the SEP (an SEP staple)
- Book Swingers book-swap and poetry night at The Book Club, Shoreditch
- Curtain Up designer clothes sale in Kensington, London
- London to Rome sponsored cycle
- Sound-Bites for Saltpond (an African music night) with Warwick University Oxfam
- Charitable spin classes with the wonderful BOOMCycle, Holborn
If you’d like to help fundraise for SEP, here are some other ideas to get you started:
- Love to party? Organise a clubnight, gig, film showing or bingo afternoon (!)
- Fancy yourself as a bit of a Nigella (or Nigel)? Run a cake sale at work, or even a pop-up restaurant night or cocktail evening.
- Never shut up? Do a sponsored silence (your friends might thank you).
- Fashion fan? In true SEP style, run a pop-up vintage sale or clothes-swap evening.